- Plain Catgut suture is manufactured from uniform, twisted strands of collagen.
- The suture is packed in a hydrating fluid containing isopropanol and water.
- The origin of the suture is from purified animal intestines (bovine).
- The type of the suture is absorbable by enzymatic digestion.
- Plain Catgut sutures are intended for use where an absorbable suture or ligament is indicated.
- It is sterilized by Gamma Irradiation.
- Plain catgut sutures from Aspide Sutures are guaranteed to meet the general requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph.Eur) and the United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.).
- Aspide Sutures manufactures its Plain Catgut sutures with the highest quality collagen, maintaining a composition of 97%-98% of pure collagen.
- Aspide Sutures' Plain Catgut is rapidly absorbed and the tensile strength is maintained for about 10 days. Absorption is complete within 70 days.
- Aspide Sutures' Plain Catgut is ideal for tissues which heal rapidly and require minimal support
- Lenght of thread: all dimensions requested ( 45cm, 75cm, 90cm 150cm )